Monday 21 April 2014

Fourteen Years Ago | Joanna Rose Alsa

Fourteen years ago…
I’m the childish girl you knew
I’ve done so many mistakes
But I’ve learned from all of it.

No dolls… no toys I held so tight
No crying in the middle of the night
No parents when I was sleeping and dreaming
Because now that’s a memory I’m keeping.

Fourteen years ago…
I’m the foolish girl you knew
But now I’m already grown up
You can do nothing to make it stop.

I want you to see the change in me
I want you to face the reality
You can never tell me lies
I can tell by the look into your eyes.

Fourteen years ago…
I was the innocent girl you knew
You took advantage of that
And then you broke my heart.

Can’t you see the change in me?
From head to toe I am free
Free to live, free to love
Free to fly like a dove.

The flowers blooms in the day
Do you see your girl becoming a lady?
What you see is not your girl that is gone
But the lady owned by someone.

Fourteen years ago is gone
Too much change is already done
Fourteen years ago, I can’t let you go
But now I can paddle my own canoe.


1 comment:

  1. Wonderfully explained. Just love to read updates of your blog its amazing and interesting. Everytime we get to know different unique and Updates things.

    ReplyDelete