Tuesday 6 May 2014

Graduation Speech | Carla Margarita Batoy


To our distinguished guests,
To my fellow graduating classmates,
To our competent teachers,
To our ever-loving and supportive parents,
Visitors, ladies, and gentlemen,
My warmest greetings!

Today marked the most exciting event of our life as students. It isn’t the end, yet the beginning of another journey in our lives.

I believe that I wouldn’t be standing here without the important people behind me. First and foremost, God who gave me wisdom and courage to go on, my mentors who patiently taught us every day and most of all to the people whom we want to give honor today—our parents.

I remember the time my Mom told me. She said, “Nak, mag-skwela jud ka ug tarung kay mao ran a ang butang nga among ikabilin sa imo nga bisan wala na me ni Daddy sa kalibutan. (Child, you must study well, because that is the only thing we can left for you even if Daddy and I will pass in this world).”

I couldn’t quite understand what she meant. Now I realize, I am their only daughter. What more could they be proud of and be happy about when I finish my studies.

My dear classmates, now is the time to say “thank you” to our Mama and Papa, who, ever since, have worked so hard to feed us, give us allowance and pay our tuition fees. Our parents who ironed our uniforms every morning, put our socks, cleaned our shoes, helped us in our assignments, and who were also there to answer our inquisitive minds.

At this point in time, may I request the parents of the graduating class to stand.  “Ato silang tagaan ug kusog nga pakpak (Let us give them a big applause)”. Our salute to our parents. “Ug gihangyo sab naku ang tanan nga graduating class sa pagtindog ug pagdool sa inyong mga mama ug papa (May I also request all graduating class to stand and approach your mothers and fathers)”. This is the time you tell them how grateful you are to have parents like them and to say “I Love You”.

As we leave the portals of our Alma Matter, let us not forget, that we owe who we are right now, where we are right now, what we have achieved right now to our parents and teachers, most of our Almighty God. All the fruits of our labors are dedicated to them. To you our loving parents and supportive teachers, we salute you… we dedicate all our achievements today to all of you in exchange of your endeavors and sacrifices in molding us into a better citizen and responsible human being useful for the society.

Thank you for not giving up on us, thank you for always reminding us the importance of education, for constantly teaching us the value of life.

Whatever plans we have in mind, Lord we surrender them to you. We will do the best we can but in the end, let your will be done.


Thank you very much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment